Talking about Go 1.16, this is a release to be excited about. Here are some of my personal highlights:
- fs.FS interface. This should make a bunch of filesystem operations agnostic to the underlying storage service.
- Clean up of 'go get' vs 'go install'
- Embedding files into binaries
- Smaller binaries
- Faster linking
- darwin/arm64 support
Find more exciting changes here: https://golang.org/doc/go1.16
Extending werkzeug for no sane reason https://blog.joscomputing.space/extending-werkzeug-for-no-sane-reason
Hm.. federation's still not working for some unknown reason. going to blame DNS as always ._.
it's so easy to theme though! I'm loving it, it's so flexible yet so straightforward
I threw tayga up for NAT64 and life is pretty decent! This is actually usable for day-to-day usage, might just stick with it eventually..
hi from an IPv6-only network! :D
I’m tunnneling a /64 from my own range and radvd is purring with hostapd on a Raspberry Pi 4 (2 gb ram):
- I knew Twitter and GitHub did not have v6, but the entirety of Stack Exchange and DuckDuckGo too??
- all of Apple + Akamai’s ranges have no ROA, to which I dropped invalids _and_ lack of and did not notice for quite a few hours
- OwO Beta properly supports v6 \o/
- some of my own things are very broken with it
i have since learnt that if you qemu-img convert -p -O qcow2 orig.qcow2 compact.qcow2 it seems to internally drop zeros/rearrange it and tar does a far better job on the image